Offerings for teachers and paraprofessionals!
For Early Childhood through 2nd Grade Teachers
In-Person or Online | 1.5 hour
$150 per workshop (30 teacher maximum)
Add a new teaching tool to your toolbox – individual strategies offer an introduction to this work, quick and easy strategies that lead to transformative practice.
- Orlando Repertory Theatre is committed to the link between literacy and the arts. This focus means that workshop content, model lessons, and resources are rooted in Florida State Standards and specifically English Language Arts Standards.
- These workshops are designed for all grade levels, but focus on skills related to Reading (LAFS.K-5.RL).
- The approach to teaching through drama supports deep reading, including: student comprehension and understanding of key ideas and details, craft and structure, integration of knowledge and ideas, and finally, builds on a range of reading skills throughout the course of a school year.
- Most importantly, arts integration as a pedagogical approach is easily differentiated across diverse reading levels and ability.
- All workshops are applicable for teachers in ESE classrooms as well.
This workshop explores the world of pantomime. Join us as we explore how we can create imaginary objects and experiences, while developing vocabulary skills at the same time.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, imagine how many words are in an embodied image? Join us in this physical workshop in which we explore how our bodies and faces can create still images that demonstrate vocabulary words from emotions to objects.
This workshop invites participants to bring environments to life using sound. Join us in bringing to life story worlds from farms to forests!
Step out of your teacher hat and into that of your favorite character! Bringing familiar characters to life in your classroom is a great way for students to problem solve, support others, and write their own endings to familiar stories.
Arts Integration Seminars
For K-8 Grade Teachers
In-Person or Online | 3 hours
$500 per seminar (30 teacher maximum)
Looking for a deeper immersion into the power of arts integration? Bring a seminar to your school by selecting a title below!
Join us for an exploration of digital storytelling techniques! Discover the power of digital assets combined with creative writing to create powerful videos that you and your students will be proud to share. Visual, digital, and theatrical arts integrate with ELA and Social Studies standards to explore America’s history of voting rights. Experience a model lesson designed around the script Vote? by Eric Coble. Designed for middle and high school students, digital storytelling can also be used in the elementary classroom. Come find out why they say, “a picture’s worth a thousand words!”
National Core Arts Standards: TH.Cr2-6a; TH.Cr2-6b
Ready to inspire your writers? Join us as we explore what it looks like to utilize music, improvisation, and creative play to generate a starting point for your students’ writing. In this workshop, differentiated for students of all grade levels, participants will explore how drama techniques motivate a variety of writing forms including rich narration, monologues, and dialogue within students writing. You’ll leave with a new groove for writing!
Remember there are no small parts! Join us for a workshop, differentiated for students of all grade levels, exploring how elements of student-led instruction enhance students’ understanding of a text. In this project-based learning approach, participants will step into role as a member of a production team tasked with building a story inspired by image, poetry, and historical text. In coming together and embracing this problem-solving process students will find themselves connecting, analyzing and evaluating text in a brand-new way!
Contact [email protected] or 407-896-7365 x225