In addition to productions
The REP conducts community engagement initiatives. The award-winning REP Youth Academy provides classes and workshops for children, along with professional development opportunities for classroom teachers.
More About The Rep
Housed in a three theatre complex in Loch Haven Park, The REP is also home to the University of Central Florida’s MFA in Theatre for Young Audiences graduate program, training the next generation of theatre for young audiences leaders – the only program of its kind in the Southeast.
The merger between the University of Central Florida Theatre program and the Civic Theatre of Central Florida created Orlando Repertory Theatre. The REP strives to become a theatre of local, national, and international prominence. The REP is Florida’s only professional theatre for young audiences and is now in its 15th season.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The REP is Florida’s ONLY full-time professional theatre for young audiences.
- The REP partners with Orange County Public Schools and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. to create ELTA (Engaged Learning Through the Arts), a program that provides professional development and best practices for OCPS teachers in integrating the arts into their daily classroom curriculum.
- The REP’s season consists of 6 mainstage productions, performed by paid professional actors, and several Limited Engagement performances by family-friendly artists.
- In 2014 – 2015, The REP awarded over $45,000 in free or discounted field trips to Title 1 schools.
- This summer, The REP Youth Academy welcomed over 2,000 students across 3 campus locations for 80 camps and 4 all-youth productions.
- Now in its 13th Season as a theatre for young audiences, The REP is the seventh iteration of the theatre company founded in 1926, welcoming over 75K patrons annually.