In addition to productions
Orlando REP conducts community engagement initiatives. The award-winning REP Youth Academy provides classes and workshops for children, along with professional development opportunities for classroom teachers.
More About Orlando Rep
Housed in a three theatre complex in Loch Haven Park, Orlando REP is also home to the University of Central Florida’s MFA in Theatre for Young Audiences graduate program, training the next generation of theatre for young audiences leaders – the only program of its kind in the Southeast.
The merger between the University of Central Florida Theatre program and the Civic Theatre of Central Florida created Orlando Repertory Theatre. Orlando REP strives to become a theatre of local, national, and international prominence. Orlando REP is Florida’s only professional theatre for young audiences and is now in its 16th season.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Orlando REP is Florida’s ONLY full-time professional theatre for young audiences.
- Orlando REP partners with Orange County Public Schools and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. to create ELTA (Engaged Learning Through the Arts), a program that provides professional development and best practices for OCPS teachers in integrating the arts into their daily classroom curriculum.
- Orlando REP’s season consists of 6 mainstage productions, performed by paid professional actors, and several Limited Engagement performances by family-friendly artists.
- In 2014 – 2015, Orlando REP awarded over $45,000 in free or discounted field trips to Title 1 schools.
- This summer, Orlando REP Youth Academy welcomed over 2,000 students across 5 campus locations for 80 camps and 4 all-youth productions.
- Now in its 16th Season as a theatre for young audiences, Orlando REP is the seventh iteration of the theatre company founded in 1926, welcoming over 75K patrons annually.