The REP is always looking for new volunteers!
Orlando Repertory Theatre depends upon volunteers from our community to help with shows during our season. Volunteers are asked to be at The REP an hour prior to show time in order to orientate themselves with the theatre and to help prepare it for patrons.
The following are volunteer positions at The REP:
- Ticket Taking / Handing out Programs – This post is especially wonderful for our new and our young volunteers.
- Ushering – Volunteers will welcome patrons to the theatre, direct them to their seats, and help with any basic seating issues.
- Concession Stand – Volunteers will help stock and sell concession stand items an hour before show, during intermission, and after the show. Volunteers over 18 and those that work well with cash handling are preferred in this position.
- Field Trip Assistant – Field Trip Volunteers assist patrons attending with their school with finding their seats in the theatre. A field trip volunteer needs to be friendly and proactive in approaching patrons to assist. Typical tasks of a field trip volunteer may include organizing classes in the lobby to ease seating once in the theater, escorting patrons to their assigned row and seats, and more.
The perks of being an Orlando Repertory Theatre volunteer!
- Help your community – By donating your time, you are helping those in your community to experience the finest in family theater.
- Create memories with your family – We are family friendly theatre, so we love families to volunteer together.
- Experience great theatre – If the show is not sold out, we invite our volunteers to watch the show for free.
- Click here to download our Volunteer Handbook – (updated 9.1.2016)