Spring Break: Super Happy Awesome News (Online)
March 15-19, 2021
Youth Academy Online Performance Workshops are an opportunity to create theatre like you have never experienced it before. Super Happy Awesome News is written to be rehearsed remotely, performed virtually, and shared with audiences online. The storyline is linear, made up of monologues and songs intended to be performed as solos. When these scenes are video recorded and played in sequence, it presents a complete musical theatre experience available to any audience with an internet connection! Spend your week rehearing and playing theatre games and then submitting final videos to create this exciting one-of-a-kind musical!
Two siblings launch rival good news networks and find themselves competing for the title of happiest news show. Soon, their correspondents are in a whirlwind of ecstatic musical reporting – from joyful weather forecasts, to cheerful cooking segments and blissful political updates! But, when vulnerability starts peeking through the euphoric facade, they’re left wondering: is there room for raw honesty on a super happy broadcast?
- All students perform in the play and will submit auditions through video prior to the first class.
- The final performance is recorded and shared out to families via a live watch party the week following the final class!
- A computer or iPad with the Zoom app, a webcam, and speakers and headphones.
- A music player separate from the device you are using for the zoom meeting.
- A reliable internet connection.
- A dedicated space during class where the student can move around and rehearse without distraction.