Currently, we do not have any full-time positions available. However, there are many ways to join our family here at Orlando REP! Be sure to check the Get Involved page for additional information.
Sound Board Operators
We are accepting resumes for Sound Board Operators in the Central Florida area! Interested applicants should be self-motivated, comfortable working independently and in collaboration with others, and comfortable working with children, students, and professional actors. This position is contracted per show and reports to the Lighting & Sound Director, Sound Designer, and Stage Manager. Sound Board Operators are required to attend all technical rehearsals as well as all performances. The typical performance schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 10:30am and Saturday and Sunday at 2pm and 5:30pm. Wednesday is dark.
Ideal candidates should have extensive experience in theatrical sound, including:
- Mixing up to 24 wireless microphones
- Mixing a live band and mixing pre-recorded tracked music
- Comfortable with digital and analog mixing console set-up and operation (specifically Yamaha and Behringer)
- Knowledgeable in the setup and troubleshooting of wireless microphones and RF frequencies
- The ability to troubleshoot analog and digital sound systems
- Experience programming QLab is a plus
Interested applicants should send a resume to [email protected] with the subject line: Sound Board Operator Application.
We are accepting resumes for experienced over hire Stitchers in the Central Florida area! Ideal candidates should be organized and self-motivated with a degree in Costume Production or related field with a minimum of 2 years professional experience. This position is a part time, over hire role that reports directly to the Costume Shop Manager.
- Costume construction, alteration, and finishing work using both hand and machine stitching
- Cutting garments from commercial and original patterns as needed
- Assisting with fittings as needed
- Assisting with craft projects as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by Costume Shop Manager as needed
- Experience in a variety of machine sewing techniques (domestic & industrial)
- Experience in a variety of hand sewing techniques
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to perform maintenance of personal work area, including sewing machinery as necessary to keep work moving effectively
- Ability to communicate with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Patterning, Draping, and/or Millinery skills are a plus
Interested applicants should send a resume (and if possible, portfolio samples) to [email protected] with the subject line: Over Hire Stitcher Application. A skills assessment may be given prior to employment as needed.
We are accepting resumes for experienced, over hire Carpenters in the Central Florida area! Carpenters should be self-motivated, comfortable working independently and in collaboration with others, and have previous experience in stage carpentry. Rigging, metalworking, and/or foam carving skills are also preferred. Carpenters must be able to read technical drawings and use them to create a finished product in a safe and timely manner, and with great attention to detail. Over hire positions are on an as-needed basis and carpenters may work up to 40 hours per week.
Interested applicants should send a resume (and if possible, portfolio samples) to [email protected] with the subject line: Over Hire Carpenter Application.
Orlando Repertory Theatre is always accepting resumes for part-time, over hire, and contract work in production and design.
- Design: Please email a resume and design samples to [email protected] for future consideration.
- Stage Management and Run Crew: Please email a resume to [email protected] for future consideration.
- Lighting and Sound: Please email a resume to [email protected] for future consideration.
- Props: Please email a resume and portfolio samples to [email protected] for future consideration.
- Carpentry and Scenic Art: Please email a resume and portfolio samples to [email protected] for future consideration.
- Costume Construction and Wigs: Please email a resume and portfolio samples to [email protected] for future consideration.
Orlando Repertory Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we consider individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
CLICK HERE for more information on the many ways to get involved with Orlando REP!